Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Chanterelle and Crab Stuff Halibut

I have made beef, quail, chicken and meatless dishes thus far so I thought I should make a fish dish.  I've had halibut in Alaska fresh off the boat and this recipe may be better than that, I'm really excited to share this one.

Stuffing

2 tbsp Butter
1/2 lb Chanterelles cubed
1/2 lb crab meat
Salt and Pepper







Sauté the chanterelles in the butter until they are tender.   Then add the crab and sauté for a minute or two more.  Season with salt and pepper.

Fish
4 halibut filets
Salt and Pepper to taste


Cut open the halibut to create a pocket in the center of the filet.  Add the chanterelle and crab to the center, season the halibut with salt and pepper and place in a 450 degree oven.  Cook for about 20 minutes or until the halibut is flaky (I really don't know how to spell that word so I hope it is right).


I took the extra crab and chanterelle and made a holladaise sauce out of it. Tastes sooooo goooood. 



No comments:

Post a Comment