Sunday, August 10, 2014

Oyster Mushroom and Chicken Alfredo..ish

Ok so two recipes in two days this is a record.  Actually my wife has pushed me to do more of them.  Plus I get to eat mushrooms and who can complain about that.

Tonight I decided to tackle oyster mushrooms,  one of my favorite, and the first I started hunting.  I love to scramble them with crayfish tails and eggs, oh man is that good.  But alas no crawfish tonight, not even any shrimp in my freezer, kind of a sin huh.



So with no shellfish to cook with my oyster mushrooms I turned to trusty old yard bird.
Here it is:

1/2 lb Oyster mushrooms
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Minced Garlic
1/2 lb Chicken tenders
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of Thyme
Pinch of Rosemary
Pinch of Oregano
2 tbsp of Basil
1 cup Cream
4 cup Tortellini



So melt the butter in a saucepan,  cube the oysters and sautée in the butter with the garlic.  Cube the chicken and season with the salt, pepper, thyme,  rosemary,  oregano, and basil.  Cook the chicken with the mushrooms.



Boil 2 quarts of water with a drop of olive oil, add the tortellini and boil for about 10 minutes or until it's tender.

Once you start the tortellini add the cream to the mushroom and chicken mixture.  Let the cream simmer until the tortellini is ready, then serve the chicken mushroom concoction over the tortellini, and viola.




1 comment:

  1. We used tortellini filled with cheeses. :) you can find them probably any grocery store. This is probably one of my favorite pasta dishes I've ever had. Good job love. :)

    ReplyDelete